It was six years ago that JZ took me and one year old Victoria to Sun Valley for his ortho conference. This was our 3rd time and we took Nana and Abuelo to help with the baby. The kids had a blast skiing and they can't wait to go to Canada in a month to do more. They skied the kids mountain, Dollar Mountain, that was hosting a ski tournament so they got to see some really cool tricks! O'Neill was telling me how the teacher was going to teach him how to do flips and twists "tomorrow". We skied Baldy Mountain and there was plenty of snow and no crowds.
Ski School: Victoria was a Bear and O'Neill was a cub. We tried this two years ago but it don't go so well. So we tried again and this year these guys nailed it! They came away after three days of school LOVING skiing, feeling confident and proud. O'Neill loved showing us how to get on and off the chair lift and then going straight down in snow plow as fast as he could. There were a few falls but they shook it off and got back up. O'Neill was so sad he couldn't bring his skis home! Victoria did great on her turns maintaining control and loved going over the bumps.
I'm so proud of them - putting on their skis, taking them off, I mean they even learned how to put on their mittens by themselves!! We've had a breakthrough!
Victoria coming down the mountain
Above is the family pic of the skiers this year and below is a pic from 6 years ago! Victoria had just turned one years old and spent her days in the nursery while we skied. What a journey...
We took the last half day and skied with them and loved watching them show off their skills!! I don't ever remember closing the moutain down but we did and they were ready for more.
Nana and Abuelo joined us on the trip and watched Rebecca. They were a huge help!
With the kids in ski school and Rebecs in good hands with grandparents we were able to ski the big mountain.
I do not like to be cold so I was dressed in multiple layers, hats, ears…you name it…and I was actually a little warm!
JZ couldn't handle the ski boots so he went and got custom boots. He's been talking about this for years and I think this year the boots were so bad he just couldn't stand it. And the customs are great - he was skiing better and walking around afterwards. The process was actually really cool to watch how they fitted them.
Playing in the snow…these two just couldn't get enough of it! and Rebecs was our little ski bunny lodge lover.
They'd come in all cold and wet, then take a break and go back out again...
Half the battle is putting on all the gear
The fun kept going after ski school. The loved bowling…well, really they liked having Sprite, getting candy out of the machine and playing the arcade.
Victoria tried hard to master ice skating and did a great job for her technically second time, but Bubba was a little timid and didn't really like it.
Swimming outside looking out on the mountains was beautiful.
I love this picture of Rebecs - she wanted more candy. I feel you girl - sometimes I feel the same.
Above: the picture was taken on this trip with my three little snow bunnies! Below is a pic from 6 years ago with a baby Victoria!!
We were prepping for the snow back in Dallas as we packed. She was so excited to head to Sun Balley - wherever that is...
Travelers
Rookie mom mistake - not having a change of clothes in your carry on. Rebecs had a messy diaper that leaked on her pants on the first leg of the trip. JZ washed the pants in the bathroom and she was sporting the diaper look for a while.
Tough travelers! Early mornings and lots of walking…we can take them anywhere.
For the first time since I can remember our flights were all on time or early - traveling was great until our bags didn't show up in Dallas.



No comments:
Post a Comment