Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Getting Ready for Christmas

Took the children to see Santa and it was an adventure…more like a nightmare. We rushed to pick up V from school and headed to the downtown Neiman's. We had 15 minutes to take the picture before Santa went back to the North Pole for the night. After getting everyone dressed O'Neill decided to take off his socks and shoes just as we are headed into the store. A hair bow and lovey fell into the wet gutter so V is wearing a wet yucky bow. Then R has a blowout diaper while O is melting down and telling me he does not want to have his picture taken! Head to the bathroom to change the diaper and luckily nothing got on her dress. Walk back downstairs to take the picture and then V has to go to the bathroom…so back up we went again. O'Neill is now crying because he does NOT want his picture taken. So I'm preparing myself for a picture with two kids when we are walking back down to see Santa and R spits up all over the floor Neiman's. BUT a Christmas Miracle happened - we got the best picture with Santa!! Then we walk back to the car and I have a parking ticket! (5 minutes past and I see the meter maid). Oh I love the holidays.





After the Neiman Santa experience I can handle anything. So I decide to take the children to the Dallas Children's Christmas parade. I was a little nervous taking all three by myself and luckily a nice man took pity on me. He was meeting his family who had been saving a spot since 8am that morning (2 hours prior). Thus we had second row seats with borrowed blankets and camp chairs. It was the best parade: there were at least 20 bands, every super hero made an appearance, huge balloons, Miss America, Miss Texas, Star Wars, cartoon characters… I might have had the most fun. And Miss Rebecca was a super trooper just fell asleep in my arms even as the drums went by. Bless her heart!







Victoria had her Christmas tap recital. She was the cutest soldier and did a good job. So proud of her and she has that marching down!





Baby turned 9 months and she has four teeth - 2 on the bottom and 2 side top teeth. As O'Neill says she can: turn over, wave, crawl, clap, eat "big" kid food cut up in small bits, sit, and trying so hard to pull up. She is so much bigger than Victoria and O were at this age. She is wearing 12 -18 month clothing!! I love her fair hair!! It is staying pretty fair even in the winter. She is babbling all over! And is the funniest thing to watch when she eats. She Loves her food. And her Mama  - she has a little bit of separation anxiety and it doesn't bother me one bit - I'll hold her all day long.















No comments:

Post a Comment